[SciPy-User] Announcement: Self-contained Python module to write binary VTK files.

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Tue Nov 30 03:50:43 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Would you consider changing to a more permissive license?   We
>>> (nipy.org) would have good use of your package, I believe, but we're
>>> using the BSD license.
>>
>> I'd like to release it with a license that is compatible with the GPL license. It seems that the FreeBSD license satisfies that requirement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses). Would the FreeBSD be useful for you?
>
> That's great - thank you.  We use the 3-clause BSD license mainly [1],
> and the MIT license in one project, but the 2-clause 'simplified' BSD
> that FreeBSD uses is ideal.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Matthew

Hi Paulo,

how hard would it be to read back the types of VTK files that you can write ?
This would be not only be useful to write tests ...
But also to - say - write some basic data filters, or just using the
VTK format for all I / O needs...

- Sebastian Haase