[SciPy-User] scipy.io.loadmat error when trying to read a .mat file

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Mon Oct 4 11:26:04 CDT 2010

hmm. That site should be outside our firewall. I'll send you the smaller file via email to your personal email, since I'm not sure what the list policy on attachment sizes.

- dharhas

Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:24:33 -0500, Dharhas Pothina wrote:
> It looks like it fails with files generated by one of our instruments. I
> was able to read in another type of matlab file without a problem. I
> think I was able to read this type of file in a previous version of
> scipy (can't tell you which one now, it was a long time ago), when I had
> tested our ability to read this type of file. I also tried scipy v0.7.0
> installed on one of our linux boxes just know and it gave me the same
> error (but not the warning). Running the test suite on the windows box
> gave me three errors listed below, on linux (w/ ver scipy 7.0) all tests
> passed. I've posted two sample files at the links below. On windows I'm
> installed with the scipy-0.8.0-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe binary.

Ok, access to the failing file is probably needed to sort this out.

> sample files:
>
> http://midgewater.twdb.state.tx.us/bays_estuaries/Publications
\20100819125947.mat
> (~330KB)
> http://midgewater.twdb.state.tx.us/bays_estuaries/Publications
\20100819102442.mat
> (~18mb)

I'm not able to access these -- maybe your institute has a firewall in
between? You can also e.g. send the smaller file to me via mail.

> scipy.io test errors on windows 32 bit:
[clip]
>   "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scipy\io\tests\test_array_import.py",

There's no file named "test_array_import.py" in Scipy 0.8.0. You probably
have some left-over files from Scipy 0.7.x in the directory. Anyway, the
test suite seems to be in order.

--
Pauli Virtanen