[SciPy-User] [ot] matlab in supercomputing

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Tue Oct 5 08:48:45 CDT 2010

I know from conversations with colleagues and also email newsletters etc that they are heavily pushing the automatic parallelization features in the most recent versions of matlab. From what I could tell, it seemed to be focused on taking advantage of todays  multi-core/multi-cpu workstations. Haven't heard of anyone using it on larger HPC clusters though.

- dharhas

>>> Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> 10/5/2010 7:40 AM >>>
This subject came up recently at my work.  The question is, does matlab have
significant usage in the supercomputing community?

I suspect not, probably most supercomputing code is still fortran.  But does
anyone here know?