[SciPy-User] build scipy on os x 10.6, python.org 2.7

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Tue Oct 5 12:49:30 CDT 2010

Hi Robin,

> I am trying to build scipy (current trunk) on OS X 10.6 with
> python.org 2.7 (32 bit).
>
> There seems to be a problem that it is trying to build -arch ppc64 (log below).
>
> Is there a way to disable this architecture (and even x86_64) so the
> build will complete?

I think I might have posted on this yesterday.  If I understand
correctly the problem is that the calculated gfortran linking flags
get all the archs that the compiler / machine are capable of, which
will likely be a superset of those that python and the numpy C code
were built with.  I had to set the FFLAGS and LDFLAGS to constrain the
archs.  In my case that was:

export FFLAGS=-arch ppc -arch i386
export LDFLAGS=-arch ppc -arch i386 -Wall -undefined dynamic_lookup -bundle

but I guess you would need to review the scipy default link flags
output to get the right match for your system.

See you,

Matthew