[SciPy-User] can anyone confirm this bug in scipy.io.savemat on the latest version of scipy?

Lutz Maibaum lutz.maibaum@gmail....
Wed Oct 6 12:23:38 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The code snippet I have pasted below exhibits what I believe to be
>> incorrect behavior on the version of scipy I happen to have installed
>> ('0.8.0.dev6113'). Basically, scipy.io.savemat doesn't respect the
>> dtype of the arrays it saves and everything gets saved as float64 for
>> me.

I ran into a similar problem with the mmread/mmwrite routines, see
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2010-June/025772.html

It would be great if this could be fixed, and even better if it would
work for sparse matrices as well.

  Lutz