[SciPy-User] scipy.sparse.linalg.cg statistics?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Oct 8 16:42:47 CDT 2010

Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:04:37 -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
[clip]
> While I perfectly understand that in production work, the typical use
> cases require sparse matrices, there's still plenty of value for a dense
> implementation of CG in scipy, I would think (especially given how
> sparse matrices are a little harder to use for a beginner than plain
> dense numpy arrays).
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

There is no dense implementation. The one that was under scipy.linalg is
the same as what is in scipy.sparse.linalg -- I guess the misleading
location was a reason for moving it.

Indeed, :)

__all__ = ['bicg','bicgstab','cg','cgs','gmres','qmr']

# Deprecated on January 26, 2008

from scipy.sparse.linalg import isolve
from numpy import deprecate

for name in __all__:
    oldfn = getattr(isolve, name)
    oldname='scipy.linalg.' + name
    newname='scipy.sparse.linalg.' + name
    newfn = deprecate(oldfn, oldname=oldname, newname=newname)
    exec(name + ' = newfn')