[SciPy-User] scipy.sparse.linalg.cg statistics?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Oct 8 16:56:35 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> There is no dense implementation. The one that was under scipy.linalg is
> the same as what is in scipy.sparse.linalg -- I guess the misleading
> location was a reason for moving it.
>
> Indeed, :)

Ah, thanks :) In that case it might be worth changing the message and
warning from:

/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/lib/utils.py:108:
DeprecationWarning: scipy.linalg.cg is deprecated, use
scipy.sparse.linalg.cg
  warnings.warn(str1, DeprecationWarning)

to simply indicating that the *name* is deprecated, but the actual
function lives in the sparse library.  Since the function already
accepts dense matrices just fine, indicating this should be enough.

I'm happy to make the changes if you agree.

Cheers,