[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] gettind scipy.quad to report values where integral is divergent

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Oct 11 03:36:03 CDT 2010

Sun, 10 Oct 2010 20:22:45 -0700, omnyx wrote:
> I have a function f(x,y) and I want to do integration in x for different
> values of y. I have a list of values of y and just run through every
> one. For some values of y the integral might be diverging and right now,
> quad only outputs the standard message
> "Warning: The integral is probably divergent, or slowly convergent."
>
> Is there a way to see the specific value of y for which the integral was
> divergent, along with the output warning message?

Set the full_output=True option, and look what goes into the `infodict`
output argument.

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.integrate.quad.html#scipy.integrate.quad