[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Extracting particular modules out of scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Oct 13 18:59:36 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 18:57, mihailo <mihailo@ku.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to python and scipy and I recently started working on a project
> which requires much numerical calculations, including ode solving,
> interpolating and integrating. My project is intended to be available to the
> general public. Here is my trouble: Scipy is a big package and I don't want
> to tell people they need to install entire scipy before they can run my code
> (if I don't have to). What is the best way to extract only modules I
> actually need from scipy (interpolate, odeint and integrate)?

Telling people to install a subset of scipy is even harder than
telling them to install all of scipy. And if you are going to build
them binaries yourself, you might as well build all of scipy, too.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco