[SciPy-User] Matrix function evaluation on a grid

Issa Karambal issa@aims.ac...
Sat Oct 16 12:20:00 CDT 2010

Hi all

I would like to find out if there is an efficient way to evaluation a
matrix function such that it returns a matrix of size n*m where n is the
size of the matrix function and m the size of the grid.
example if you have a function f=f(x,y) and evaluate it on a grid of size
m, it returns an array of size m with entries f(x_i, y_j). But in my case
I  have a matrix function M = M(x, y) and I would like to evaluate on a
grid of size m
and the output must be an array of size n*m with entries M(x_i, y_j).
So far I've been using the map command to obtain array of submatrices and
bsr_matrix (scipy.sparse) to obtain my matrix of size m*n. But I am sure
there
is more efficient way to do that.

Thanks