[SciPy-User] Central File Exchange for SciPy

denis denis-bz-gg@t-online...
Fri Oct 29 11:15:50 CDT 2010

> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:43 AM, O <mondif...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm a recent convert from MatLab.
> > One thing I miss is the Central File Exchange.  Are there any plans

O,
  can you describe a bit which parts of Matlab Central you want most ?
As Josef says, Scipy uses mail forums, ask.scipy.org,
stackoverflow ...
to answer questions pretty fast. Do you / do other users want

- package reviews / comments / advertising --
    for new users, for experts ? Examples from Matlab ?

- overviews of major areas, along the lines of Wikipedia articles
    with links to detailed doc and recipes ?

I believe that Scipy experts get more points for new stuff
and for answering questions than they would for either of these.
Matlab has a different reward system:

    "I believe in Art, but my manager believes in money,
    and who am I to argue with such a baboon ?"
        -- Groucho Marx

cheers
  -- denis