[SciPy-User] Scipy and random number algorithms...

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Oct 30 12:26:19 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Anthony Palomba <apalomba@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if scipy has a library of random
> number generators like: brownian, Gaussian, fractal, etc.
> Alternately does anyone know of some other python
> package that does these things?

I have no idea about fractals.

numpy scipy has random variable generators for many distributions,
pymc has many for mcmc, statsmodels has for ARMA processes, and some
continuous time stochastic processes, and I gthink there are others
around.

Can you be a bit more specific?

Brownian motion with discrete steps is in statsmodels, and I have seen
one from Jonathan Taylor does also has interpolation.

Josef