[SciPy-User] Central File Exchange for SciPy

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Oct 30 21:01:30 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Joshua Holbrook
<josh.holbrook@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you use gists directly? Just a thought.

Well, sure, but gists are buried in all the code at github.  One can
search for numpy/scipy, but at that point we might as well just use
google.

I really like the ideas being discussed, so we have something with a
specific scipy focus and other things suggested (description, a
filename, perhaps the ability to upload a figure, tags, etc).  I
simply was saying that in addition to those --not instead of those--
gist-like functionality would be great to have.

But a tool with a scipy focus is more important than something like gist.

Cheers,