[SciPy-User] Central File Exchange for SciPy

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Oct 31 01:24:20 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM, David Warde-Farley
<wardefar@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I read this and had a slightly different idea: a mechanism for collecting gists and code snippets from sites like github. Basically a gist-indexing service. You submit a link to your gist, maybe some tags, and we fetch data about it, maybe have a fairly rapid moderation queue to make sure people aren't submitting spam.

That sounds quite doable and a nice balance of features and
implementation effort.  People could still just paste in their code,
as we want to make it easy for anyone who doesn't use
github/bitbucket/etc to still be able to contribute with nothing more
than a copy/paste.  But if they do have already an account with such a
service, that would be the preferred mode of operation.

Cheers,