[SciPy-User] [SOLVED] Re: AttributeError with scikits.timeseries.tstables

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Sat Sep 11 02:30:17 CDT 2010

> saving a masked array (time series) to a HDF5 file through the pytables
> interface with scikits.timeseries.tstables I received the following
> error message:
[...]
> I would love to get help on why the hdf write process fails here.
I solved it by using
tables.File.createMaskedTable instead of tables.File.createTimeSeriesTable.

Is there really need for two different functions?
Can tables.File.createTimeSeriesTable not chnage the behaviour depending
if the array is masked or not?