[SciPy-User] weighted griddata

Adam Ryan adamdryan@gmail....
Thu Sep 16 12:20:14 CDT 2010

Hi.

First, kudos to the scipy community; great package.

I was wondering if there is a way to use scipy.interpolate.griddata
with weights.

Specifically, I have a list of lines.  Each line represents the
position of a wave on a beach at a timestamp, and is comprised of a
list of mostly connected points.  I can use griddata and all the
points of all the lines to create an interpolation of the position of
the wave vs time.  The problem is that the lines are the result of
image processing and the points vary in confidence level.  Currently
I'm just tossing out points that don't pass muster, but I'd like a
more robust solution, something like a weighted griddata, or some
other method.  Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Adam