[SciPy-User] optimization routines can not handle infinity values

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Sep 20 09:40:01 CDT 2010

Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:20:24 +0200, Enrico Avventi wrote:
[clip]
> the problem i stumbled with is that i rely on some fortran code wrapped
> with f2py.
> i recompiled it after installing the development version of numpy and
> scipy but nonetheless
> this is what i get:
[clip]
> RuntimeError: module compiled against ABI version 1000009 but this
> version of numpy is 2000000
[clip]
> what did i miss?

The development version of Numpy (which will become Numpy 2.0) is binary
incompatible with extension modules compiled with older versions. In your
case, slycot. You'd need to recompile all extension modules that use the
Numpy API to fix this. (Also, check which version of numpy you get by
'import numpy; print numpy.__file__')

I'd suggest to stick with Numpy 1.5.0 or the 1.5.x branch for developing
stuff in Scipy.

--
Pauli Virtanen