[SciPy-User] scikits.timeseries: How to define frequency of 15minutes

Darryl Woods dswoods@gmail....
Tue Sep 21 19:27:03 CDT 2010

Matt Knox <mattknox.ca <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > On 05/05/2010 12:03, Martin Felder wrote:
> > > Hi *,
> > >
> > > just for the record, I'm having the exact same problem as Georges. I
> > > read through your discussion from three weeks ago, but I also don't feel
> > > up to modifying the C code myself (being a Fortran kind of guy...).
> > >
> > > I understand implementing custom user-defined frequencies is probably a
> > > lot of effort, but maybe it's less troublesome to just add some
> > > frequencies often used (=by Georges and me, and hopefully others?) to
> > > the currently implemented ones? I'd be extremely happy to have 12h, 6h,
> > > 3h, 15min and 10min intervals in addition to the existing ones.
> > >
> > > If you could point me to the part of the code that would have to be
> > > modified for that, maybe I can find someone more apt in C who can
> > > implement it.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Martin

Hi All,

I know this was posted some time ago now, but just wondering if anyone has
created any patches or found a way to use a 15-minute frequency with timeseries.
 I'm currently using pandas because it supports it, but some of the functions of
timeseries would be very useful in my case for dealing with messy input data.

Thanks,
Darryl