[SciPy-User] format for chunked file save and read ?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Sep 22 10:03:36 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 09:18,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What is the best file format for storing temporary data, for chunked
>> saving and loading, that only uses numpy and scipy?
>
> An mmapped .npy file would probably serve the purpose well enough.

Thanks, I will try.

The old stats.models had one example with memmapped temporary storage,
where I never managed to figure out how to find and close an open file
handle (on Windows) that was not cleaned up on delete or when the
instance went out of scope.

Josef