[SciPy-User] Finding Multiple Zeros of a Function within Interval

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella@gmail....
Sat Sep 25 19:49:40 CDT 2010

Dear All,
I am looking for an algorithm able to find the (possibly more than one)
zeros of a nonlinear function f(x,y,z) for x in [a,b] (maybe bad
notation: let us say that y and z act as parameters since the only
variable I can really tune is x) which does not require f(a)f(b)<0.
I had a look at the optimization module in scipy, but it seems to be
that most of the functions would return the first zero they can find and
then stop.
Any suggestion is really appreciated.
Cheers

Lorenzo