[SciPy-User] calculate definite integral of sampled data

Anne Archibald aarchiba@physics.mcgill...
Wed Aug 10 18:42:48 CDT 2011

I believe that scipy.integrate.cumtrapz exists to solve this problem.
There might be a cumulative Simpson's rule too. Nobody put too much
effort into this because integrating a sampled function is better
divided into separate interpolation (e.g. with a spline) and
integration (exact for spline interpolants). I'd approach your problem
with splrep and splint.

Anne

--
Sent from my mobile device