[SciPy-User] [ANN] Bottleneck 0.5.0 released

Stef Mientki stef.mientki@gmail....
Sat Aug 13 14:05:10 CDT 2011

thanks Cristoph,

found the problem,
I used a too old version of numpy,
( wouldn't it be an idea to replace line 17 in __init__.py with "print 'requires at least numpy 1.5.1"
now the fast routines are working ...
... at least sometimes
... at least on some computers

What I've seen until now:
Computer 1: numpy 1.4, so it uses slow routines: functional ok
Computer 2: exactly the same python + libs: screen starts to "blink" to black a few times (for about
half a second, with an interval about 2 seconds),
after 10 times, the screen is filled with a repeating part of the screen and computer hangs totally.

Computer 2: numpy 1.6.1 : first program run, screen "blinks" black once, the fast bottleneck
routines are use, and they function ok.
Second run of the same program: screen blinks blank once, after a few seconds, the screen is again
filled with a smaal repating part of the screen and the computer hangs totally.
Any ideas ?

Is the GPU used with these routines ?

cheers,
Stef