[SciPy-User] Calculate surface area & volumes from delaunay triangulation

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Fri Aug 26 11:52:27 CDT 2011

Hi,

We have an old ArcGIS aml script that we are trying to replace. The original script takes the input from an ArcGIS TIN model (basically a delaunay triangulation of irregular xyz data points defining the bottom surface of the lake) and calculates the surface area and volume of the lake at different elevations (i.e. z cut planes)

>From my googling it looks like I have options for the delaunay triangulation using scipy, matplotlib, cgal or mayavi. I'm not sure how to do the surface area and volume calculations once I have the triangulation. I would appreciate any pointers.

thanks,

- dharhas