[SciPy-User] Calculate surface area and volume from intersection of volume and plane.

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Tue Aug 30 08:44:27 CDT 2011

Hi,

We have an old ArcGIS aml script that we are trying to replace. The original script takes the input from an ArcGIS TIN model (basically a 2D delaunay triangulation of irregular xy data points with z's defining the depth at each xy) and calculates the surface area and volume of the lake at different elevations (i.e. z cut planes)

>From my googling it looks like I have options for the delaunay triangulation using scipy, matplotlib, cgal or mayavi. I'm not sure how to do the surface area and volume calculations at various z planes once I have the triangulation. I would appreciate any pointers.

thanks,

- dharhas