[SciPy-User] 2d spline interpolation with periodic boundaries

Andreas H. lists@hilboll...
Wed Aug 31 07:17:51 CDT 2011

Hi Jerome,

>> Another question is: How does RectBivariateSpline work? There's not much
>> info in the docs as to what the function actually does, math-wise.
>
> it is a wrapper for "FITPACK" from Dierckx
> http://www.netlib.org/dierckx/
>
> Have a look at Fitpack's documentation to understand how it works (control
> points have to be ordered and other oddities  ...)

RectBivariateSpline is defined in scipy/interpolate/fitpack2.py, where all
I can find is a call to dfitpack.regrid_smth. However, in the FITPACK
library, I cannot find a function by that name -- and I couldn't really
find the source code to dfitpack.so to check how FITPACK actually gets
called ...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Andreas.