[SciPy-User] SciPy-User Digest, Vol 96, Issue 55

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Aug 31 14:12:37 CDT 2011

Please do no reply to digest messages. Please consider the digests to
be read-only. If you wish to participate in the mailing list, please
subscribe normally. If you must reply to digest messages, please edit
what you quote to just the portion that you respond to and adjust the
Subject line accordingly. Thank you.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 05:30, Alacast <alacast@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hilbert transform:
> Padding with zeros to the next power of 2 sped it up greatly. Thanks! Is
> there any reason hilbert doesn't do that automatically, then remove the
> padding before returning the analytic signal?

It's not always the right thing to do.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."