[SciPy-User] cubic spline interpolation with scipy.interpolate.interp1d

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat Mar 19 20:37:10 CDT 2011

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 01:51:00 +0530, Jaidev Deshpande wrote:
> What do you mean by the interpolation being global? We only calculate
> cubic coefficients for splines between the required nodes, right?

No. Typical spline interpolation looks at all the data points. Check
Wikipedia or a book on the subject.

> Also,
> is there a way to check if 'interp1d' does more than just store the
> cubic coefficients?

The source code is available. But it doesn't do anything unnecessary.

> Does it produce some other unnecessary data?

No.