[SciPy-User] technical question: normed exponential fit for data?

Daniel Mader danielstefanmader@googlemail....
Thu Mar 24 10:33:15 CDT 2011

Hi,

this is not a software question or scipy problem but rather I have no
clue how to tackle this on a mathematical level.

I'd like to create a unique fit function for data. Attached is a file
which holds three measurements for three different known
concentrations, i.e. my "calibration" measurement at low, medium and
high concentration.

Apparently, the temperature behavior of the chemical reaction is
exponential, i.e. the photon yield increases with about 10%/K for the
examined range for a given concentration.

Now comes the tricky part: I'd like to use this knowledge for a
temperature compensation because I only need to determine the
concentration. The temperature of the reaction is measured
simultaneously but might vary in the range of +-3K. In terms of assay
performance, that makes a huge difference due to the 10%/K so that I'd
need to compensate for it.

How can I use my calibration measurement to find a function which I
could use to compensate for varying temperatures?

Thanks a lot in advance,
best regards,

Daniel