[SciPy-User] Normalization of window functions (documentation suggestion)

Yury V. Zaytsev yury@shurup....
Thu Mar 31 13:21:42 CDT 2011

Hi!

In the documentation of the return values of the window functions in
NumPy, such as:

bartlett(M)
blackman(M)
hamming(M)
hanning(M)
kaiser(M, beta)

it always says something like "The window, normalized to one". I find
this slightly confusing, because I would actually read that as if the
values were normalized such that the area under the curve is one.

I think it would make sense to change it to something like "The window,
with the maximum value normalized to one" to state it more explicitly.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev