[SciPy-User] Image processing class

Luis Pedro Coelho luis@luispedro....
Fri Mar 25 20:50:14 CDT 2011

Hello,

I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but I'll give you my $.02:

A while back I tried to build up a website about computer vision and python:
http://pythonvision.org

I ran out of steam a bit, but I might pick it up again (it's an open project,
you can fork it on github https://github.com/luispedro/pythonvision_org to add
content).

In general, Python is on par with matlab for image processing, but it is a bit
more scattered, as there are a few relevant packages instead of having it all
in one. I'd list mahotas and scikits.image as the two most relevant.

HTH,
Luis