[SciPy-User] How to handle GRIB datasets?

klo uo klonuo@gmail....
Sun Nov 6 05:35:28 CST 2011

Just to correct myself, 'pygrib' now didn't crash IPython issuing same
command on same data:

first, I found that there is special module for some NCEP GRIB sets,
which I tried and it reported that dataset is not GRIB-2 so it can't
handle it. Then I tried again to read this dataset with 'g =
pygrib.open('datafile').read()' and it was fine

also, this 'g' object is list of separated GRIB data variables, and
each list object can return '.values' data as numpy object

I'm writing this as it seems like I painted black 'pygrab' in my

Cheers