[SciPy-User] scipy import problem in apache-mod_wsgi environment

Myunghwa Hwang mhwang4@gmail....
Sun Nov 6 22:43:48 CST 2011

Hi, Hayne!

Thanks for your answer.
After trying out what you suggested (that is, commenting out the import of
decomp),
I found out the import of decomp was not the problem.
In decomp_schur, there are two lines checking something related to rounding
errors specific to a single machine as follows:
eps = np.finfo(float).eps
feps = numpy.finfo(single).eps

When scipy reaches the above lines, my application hangs.
I found a web document where the author encountered the same problem with
these lines but in different contexts:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7592565/when-embedding-cpython-in-java-why-does-this-hang

The discussion in the web document is not applicable to my problem.
Also, the np.finfo statements seem to exist in multiple modules of scipy.
Without addressing all related modules manually,
would it be any other solutions?

Thanks!

--Myung-Hwa