[SciPy-User] scipy import problem in apache-mod_wsgi environment

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Tue Nov 8 12:28:18 CST 2011

On 11/08/2011 11:58 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com <mailto:ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Myunghwa Hwang <mhwang4@gmail.com
>     <mailto:mhwang4@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi, Hayne!
>
>         Thanks for your answer.
>         After trying out what you suggested (that is, commenting out
>         the import of decomp),
>         I found out the import of decomp was not the problem.
>         In decomp_schur, there are two lines checking something
>         related to rounding errors specific to a single machine as
>         follows:
>         eps = np.finfo(float).eps
>         feps = numpy.finfo(single).eps
>
>     If you execute just the above lines in your application instead of
>     importing scipy, does it hang too?
>

> The current finfo is kind of a mess and could use a rewrite. If we
> truly stick to ieee it could also be reduced to a set of known tables,
> with maybe an exception thrown in for some of the PPC. I don't think
> it works for PPC at the moment in any case.
>
> Myunghwa, what hardware are you running on?
>
> <snip>
>
> Chuck

Also, what is the state of selinux in your centos 6 server?

There is also this rather common ctypes bug that you should see in the
Apache error log file (which is really important to have access to).
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3762566/occasional-ctypes-error-importing-numpy-from-mod-wsgi-django-app
http://bugs.python.org/issue5504

Bruce