[SciPy-User] test issues with 0.10

Paul Anton Letnes paul.anton.letnes@gmail....
Mon Nov 14 14:17:35 CST 2011

On 14. nov. 2011, at 20:48, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Paul Anton Letnes <paul.anton.letnes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, when trying to build scipy 0.10 with python 2.7 (from homebrew/python.org), numpy 1.6.1 (built manually) on Mac OS X 10.7.2 and with gcc 4.6.0 (built from source), scipy.test() breaks. Any ideas?
>
> Was everything including python itself built with gcc 4.6.0?

No; I'm sorry about the screwup on version numbers. Here are the correct ones:

i-courant ~/src/scipy-0.10.0 % python
Python 2.7.2 (default, Oct  9 2011, 18:03:13)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
so python was built with Apple GCC 4.2.1. The same goes for numpy. The reason is that numpy and scipy setup tries to send the -faltivec flag to the compiler, which only Apple's gcc accepts. Same gcc version with scipy. The gfortran version, however, is 4.6.0. Apple's gcc installation does not include gfortran, so that's why I installed a separate gfortran.

(As a side question, what's a reliable way of getting all this (recent gfortran, numpy, scipy) installed? Homebrew is not very helpful with alternative gcc installations, neither is Apple…)

> What was the last version of scipy that did work for you?

0.10.b2 was working fine, although not all tests passed. I figured it would be ironed out before release. (I did not use any of the problematic sub-modules anyway.)

Cheers
Paul