[SciPy-User] interp1d results vs. MatLab interp1

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Nov 21 12:28:37 CST 2011

21.11.2011 19:13, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:
[clip]
> The boundary conditions can make a difference. I expect, given De Boor's
> participation, that the Matlab spline uses not-a-knot boundary
> conditions when no other boundary conditions are specified. I'm not sure
> what interp1d does.

It's not only the boundary conditions: you can also make a choice
whether you want C2 contiguity, or if you stick with C1 which gives you
more freedom to play around with other things such as monotonicity.

--
Pauli Virtanen