[SciPy-User] Optimization, Matlab/Octave and Duplication

Felipe Schneider schneider.felipe.5@gmail....
Mon Nov 21 18:34:41 CST 2011

Thank you all for the answers.

I just have another one. Is there any interest in having quadratic and
linear programming solvers within SciPy? And, does it have anything to
do with licensing of third-party software?
My question is motivated by the fact that I searched for open-source
packages for these kind of applications and I almost found only
(L)GPL'ed ones, which of course are not compatible with the license
SciPy uses (found Fortran simplex routines here [1] though, but I have
no idea which kind of licensing is used there).

[1]: http://www.netlib.org/toms/