[SciPy-User] Can't find Discrete Cosine Transform

Jorge E. ´Sanchez Sanchez hnry2k@hotmail....
Wed Oct 5 21:40:15 CDT 2011

Need some help,

I'm trying to get the Discrete Cosine Transform of a sequence S_m, according to

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/fftpack.html#module-scipy.fftpack

it is defined as "dct" in the scipy.fftpack module, however when I try to use it after:

from scipy import fftpack

it does not offer me that option (just these others: cc_diff, cs_diff, diff, fft, fft2,
fftn, hilbert, ifft, ifft2, ifftn, ihilbert, irfft, itilbert, rfft, rfftfreq, sc_diff, shift, ssdiff and
tilbert).

Trying it, gives me the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/george/Escritorio/prueba1D05Oct2011.py", line 78, in <module>
    FCTS_m = fftpack.dct(S_m,norm='ortho')
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'dct'

as expected.

What I have to do to make it work???

Thanks in Advance
Jorge