[SciPy-User] scikits.timesereies plotting broken with latest matplotlib

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld@gmail....
Tue Oct 25 06:53:33 CDT 2011

With matplotlib v1.1.0 the timeseries plotting code no longer works. I had a
look and it seems that the matplotlib API has changed but not being familiar
with the internals of matplotlib I couldn't find a workaround.

Since the timeseries code is important to a lot of my work and visualising the
data is an large part of that I'll have to revert to 1.0.1 in the interim.

The specific error I get when running the "Adaptation of date_demo2.py" example
is shown below:

AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
C:\dev\code\<ipython-input-3-bb11947a5550> in <module>()
     28 series = ts.fill_missing_dates(raw_series)
     29 fig = tpl.tsfigure()
---> 30 fsp = fig.add_tsplot(111)
     31 fsp.tsplot(series, '-')
     32

C:\dev\bin\Python27\lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\lib\plotlib.pyc in
add_tsplot(self, *args, **kwargs)
   1282         if self._series is not None:
   1283             kwargs.update(series=self._series)
-> 1284         return add_generic_subplot(self, *args, **kwargs)
   1285
   1286     add_subplot = add_tsplot

C:\dev\bin\Python27\lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\lib\plotlib.pyc in
add_generic_subplot(figure_instance, *args, **kwargs)
    175         key = str(key)
    176
--> 177     if key in figure_instance._seen:
    178         ax = figure_instance._seen[key]
    179         figure_instance.sca(ax)

AttributeError: 'TimeSeriesFigure' object has no attribute '_seen'

Chees,
Dave