[SciPy-User] scipy.optimize named argument inconsistency

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde@mcgill...
Tue Sep 6 09:53:09 CDT 2011

I'm glad to see that several people agree on this topic. I will then
work on standardizing names and orders of parameters and returns
as well as possible grouping (e.g. for solver statistics).

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:23:41 -0400,
josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> It might be a bit messy during deprecation with double names, and
> there remain different arguments depending on the algorithm, e.g.
> constraints or not, and if constraints which kind, objective value and
> derivative in one function or in two.

I guess the case input parameters could be treated by adding new
parameters and pointing old ones to the latter with a warning. But what
about returns? For instance, how should one deal with changes of order
or parameters being grouped with others?

In general, I have little knowledge concerning deprecation mechanisms so
any advice (or documentation/example pointer) would be welcome.

--
Denis