[SciPy-User] polylogarithm?

Fri Sep 16 12:11:55 CDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Johann Cohen-Tanugi <
johann.cohentanugi@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi there, any chance for a polylog implementation in scipy.special? I
> know it is there in mpmath, but I thought I would ask anyway.
>
> If someone (you?) contributes a patch, that would be a great addition to
scipy.special imho. mpmath is nice, but it doesn't understand ndarrays and
is way too slow when you want to use the polylog for something like fitting
Bose-Einstein or Fermi-Dirac distributions.

It looks like the implementation in mpmath is quite clean and could provide
a starting point for a Cython/C version.

Ralf