[SciPy-User] polylogarithm?

Johann Cohen-Tanugi johann.cohentanugi@gmail....
Mon Sep 19 08:42:52 CDT 2011

hi Ralph and Fredrik, thanks for the feedback.
I can certainly try to teach myself a bit of cython, and to write these
special functions for scipy (I would probably have to start with Riemann
zeta function), but it will take some time :)
For now find attached a first cython version of a snipet of the mpmath
code, completely trimmed to be used in only one case (polylog_series).
The timing results are :

In [4]: %timeit polylog.polylog(2,0.5)
10000 loops, best of 3: 29.2 us per loop

In [5]: %timeit polylog_cy.polylog(2,0.5)
100000 loops, best of 3: 14.3 us per loop

In [7]: %timeit mpmath.fp.polylog(2,0.5)
10000 loops, best of 3: 36.5 us per loop

where the first one is the mpmath code without the mpmath ctx objects
invoked, the second is the cython version, and the third is the mpmath
native version (0.17). Before I dive into cython management of arrays in
order for polylog to accept input arrays, I would appreciate feedback on
where to look for potential further improvements using cython, if any,
on a simplistic script as this one.

best,
Johann