[SciPy-User] catching warnings without error/raise

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Sep 22 13:04:40 CDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:16 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> A python question, but hopefully someone can answer
>
> I would like wrap functions that sometimes issue warnings, I want to
> suppress the warning but I want to record whether a warning has been
> issued, for later display.
>
> python 2.6 has "with warnings.catch_warnings(record=True) as w:" that
> seems to do what I want (from reading the description).

The with statement is "just" syntax sugar, so if you read the sources
for the corresponding context manager, you should be able to reproduce
the code in a 2.5-compatible way.

cheers,

David