[SciPy-User] How to fit data obtained from a Monte Carlo simulation?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Sep 23 02:52:44 CDT 2011

Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:29:07 +0200, D K wrote:
[clip]
> What you have just written is exactly what made me think there would be
> the same seed - not between different calls to my script, of course, but
> I don't use data that was produced by different calls to the script.
> Currently simulation and fitting are done by the same script, so I
> assumed that the PRNG would be initialized through 'import random', and
> that would be that. Or have I been mistaken/misunderstood the point you
> were trying to make?

If you are doing the fitting correctly, you will end up having to run the
MC simulation several times, for different parameters.

If you don't set the seed manually, the random numbers will be different
in each of your MC runs.

--
Pauli Virtanen