[SciPy-User] polylogarithm?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Sep 23 15:20:54 CDT 2011

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:39:23 +0200, Johann Cohen-Tanugi wrote:
[clip]
> thanks Pauli, is it what is exposed to special.zeta? I guess so, so what
> you are saying is that by going from cephes/zeta to special.zeta back
> into C in a pyx code I pay a penalty, correct? I am in the middle of a
> completely unknown territory, so I need to clarify every step as much as
> I can.

Exactly, when you call special.zeta(x), you get overhead associated
with python floats, numpy array scalars, and ufunc machinery.
With a call to zeta from "cephes.h", it's a direct call in C.

Note that the fact that "special.zeta" and the function from cephes
are quite different things (the fact that they have the same name
is just a "coincidence").

	Pauli