[SciPy-User] ANN: pandas 0.4.1 release

Jeremy Sanders jeremy@jeremysanders....
Mon Sep 26 03:29:26 CDT 2011

Wes McKinney wrote:

> I'm happy to announce the 0.4.1 pandas release, largely a bugfix
> release with a handful of new features and speed optimizations. See
> below or on GitHub for the full release notes. Binary installers are
> on PyPI. Thanks to all for bug reports and pull requests.

It might be helpful to say what pandas is in future announcements!

https://github.com/wesm/pandas#readme
"""
pandas is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive data
structures designed to make working with "relational" or "labeled" data both
easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental high-level building block
for doing practical, real world data analysis in Python. Additionally, it
has the broader goal of becoming the most powerful and flexible open source
data analysis / manipulation tool available in any language. It is already
well on its way toward this goal.
"""

Jeremy