[SciPy-User] Problems with dopri45

L. Barrott lb489@cam.ac...
Tue Apr 3 05:54:27 CDT 2012

Hello,

I have been trying to get scipy to solve a set of coupled odes and in
particular I want to use the dopri 45 method as I want to compare the
results to the ode45 method in MATLAB. The code runs along the lines of:

def func (t, Y, params):
    return (Ydot)

with Y a vector. The other ode methods (except dop853 of course) solve this
fine but even if I use the example code on the documentation page the dopri
method returns the following error

create_cb_arglist: Failed to build argument list (siz) with enough
arguments (tot-opt) required by user-supplied function (siz,tot,opt=2,3,0).
...(traceback stuff) _dop.error: failed in processing argument list for
call-back fcn.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Many thanks
LB