[SciPy-User] synchronizing timestamps from different systems; unpaired linear regression

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Apr 10 15:02:11 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Chris Rodgers <xrodgers@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have what seems like a straightforward problem but it is becoming
> more difficult than I thought. I have two different computers
> recording timestamps from the same stream of events. I get lists X and
> Y from each computer and the question is how to figure out which entry
> in X corresponds to which entry in Y.

Could you describe your problem with more details ? Do you really need to
match X to Y lists, or is that just an intermediary to the actualy problem
? At least issues 2 and 3 are handled with Lamport timestamps ( Lamport
timestamps allow for partial ordering between unsynchronized machines)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamport_timestamps

David