[SciPy-User] Strange behavior of sph_jn

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Apr 11 13:13:41 CDT 2012

Hi,

11.04.2012 15:48, Travis Oliphant kirjoitti:
> Thanks for this excellent feedback.    It would be very helpful if you
> could file a bug at
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy
>
> That way we we don't lose track of the problem you ran in to.   The
> algorithm should be adjusted to handle these values.

One was submitted some time ago:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1640

The algorithm probably would need some asymptotic expansions. This is
unfortunately a pain to do so that it works for all parameters (see our
jv implementation, which does things properly).

One option is just to fall back to relate the spherical functions to the
usual one, and reuse `jv` and `yv` which are more robust.

--
Pauli Virtanen