[SciPy-User] sparse matrix construction question

Christopher Mutel cmutel@gmail....
Fri Apr 13 15:16:57 CDT 2012

One easy way is to construct a new CSR matrix, extending on the numpy
arrays "data", "indptr", and "indices" from the original matrix.
Because the I can never quite figure out the CSR format, I usually
convert to a COO matrix, where it is easy to extend the "data", "row",
and "col" numpy arrays. This can be slower, but is definitely much
faster than the LIL matrix conversion.

See e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6844998/is-there-an-efficient-way-of-concatenating-scipy-sparse-matrices

-Chris