[SciPy-User] odeint

Rob Clewley rob.clewley@gmail....
Fri Aug 10 03:09:55 CDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM, nicky van foreest <vanforeest@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using odeint to integrate the following delay differential equation
>
> df/dx = c + f(x) - f(x-1)
>
> somewhat cumbersome. Is it possible in odeint to somehow get
> intermediate values of the function values?

Nicky, I think your easiest way ahead here is to use a spline to fit
your previous intervals' solution function, building up your solution
using one that meets values and first derivatives at the end points to
retain smoothness as you go. Scipy offers several such spline tools.
Then you can sample that to your heart's content.

--
Robert Clewley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

tel: 404-413-6420 fax: 404-413-5446